Ddol Issa Dog Policy
If you are confident that you and your dog can adhere to the issues discussed below then well behaved dogs would be welcome guests at Ddol Issa Farm.
We acknowledge that dogs are part of the family and that you may wish to bring them along to enjoy your short break in Wales. The situation of Ddol Issa and surrounding area certainly lends itself to a variety of dog walks. If you know that your dog is not the most well behaved pet, we would advise that you leave them at home. You are likely to encounter other people for example; guests, fishing members of Llangollen Maelor Angling and we would want all to continue to enjoy time spent at Ddol Issa Farm.
1. Given the terraced style of the 5 cottages we ask that you be mindful of other neighbouring guests and ensure barking is a minimal, if you have a noisy pet, frequent loud barker, this may not be your best style of holiday cottage.
2. We ask that you keep your dog on a lead around the area immediately outside of the cottage due to the presence of other guests, cars, tractors etc. They are free to explore off lead away from the cottages; if you are content they have good recall and will return to you if your walk takes you past others who may not share your love of dogs. Dogs need to be on a lead around farm wild stock, such as the resident sheep. Please adhere to the signs on fences and gates if it asks that dogs be put back on a lead, even if it looks as though no livestock are present in the field.
3. Please pick up your dog’s waste and dispose of it in the designated bins, this ensures that all guests enjoy the whole site without worry.
4. Dogs are not to be left unsupervised in cottages and there is no kennel area at Ddol Issa Farm. Because of this you may need to consider any plans you have during your stay.
5. We want to try to preserve the furniture and carpets therefore dogs are not permitted upstairs in the carpeted area. We would ask that you bring your own dog blanket, giving reassurance to your dog in an unfamiliar setting, this will also help to protect our furniture.
6. If your pet is drawn to mud and water, they will be in dog heaven at Ddol Issa as there is both in abundance. Please ensure that they are cleaned down as much as possible after walks.
7. The River Dee passes through the land, despite its beauty please be vigilant about river safety. Keep your dog close by taking note of suitable entry and exit points along the riverside as some areas are steep and overgrown and other areas being more graduated and accessible. Please make sure that your dog’s vaccinations are up to date. If they love water, they will thoroughly enjoy the river but owners need to be mindful of bacteria that maybe present on both water and land around the farm.
8. If a dog swim is planned please pack some towels to dry your dog off, towels provided are for guest use only.
9. Ddol Issa covers an area of approximately 80 acres some of which has wild stock such as sheep and occasionally horses. This prior arrangement between Ddol Issa and the farmer needs to be respected and we ask that such fields are left unexplored. Without dogs, guests can enter sheep occupied fields but please remember to close any gates you pass through.
10. Damages caused by your pet will need to be paid for.
THANK YOU FOR READING AND CONSIDERING THE ABOVE. IF YOU ARE CONFIDENT THAT YOU CAN ADHERE TO THE ISSUES RAISED, WE’LL LOOK FORWARD TO WELCOMING BOTH YOU AND YOUR DOG TO DDOL ISSA FARM.